AskBettor.com - betting previews of football games with predictions

Schalke 04 vs Borussia Dortmund

by Larry Uriri on Bundesliga

FC Schalke 04 are billed to host Borussia Dortmund this Saturday in the German Bundesliga.

Team rankings - Borussia v Schalke

Team history

Looking at the last 5 encounters between both sides. Schalke has managed only 1-W, 1-D, 3-L, and scored 4 times against Borussia Dortmund. Borussia has had 3-W, 1-D, 1-L, and scored 8 times. 2 of 5 of these games were played at the Veltins Arena (home to Schalke 04), and Borussia were  the benefactors of those encounters with 2/2 wins, and they also found the back of the net 5 times.

Current form

Borussia Dortmund is placed 2nd and are 17 points behind league leaders Bayern Munich. Though the league title may be far from reach, Borussia seem to have found their rhythm in the UEFA Champions League, following their terrific performance in the elimination round against Shakhtar. That being said, in the 2nd half of this season, Borussia Dortmund has recorded 5-W, 1-D, 1-L, and looks safe for Champions League qualification next year.

Schalke 04 is placed 6th and 10 points behind their opponents and have lost every intentions/motive of winning the league, but just like Borrusia Dortmund, they too are doing really good in the Champions League, and they go into their next week’s 2nd leg tie against Galatasaray with an away goal advantage. They have recorded 3-W, 2-D, 2-L in the 2nd half of the season, and are well in place for Europa League qualifications.

Betegy’s Predictions and Tips

Based on Betegy’s calculations, Schalke has a 30% chance of winning this match, with Borussia having a 36% chance of winning, and the possibility of a draw is 34%.

Predictions for Schalke 04 v Borussia Dortmund (09/03/13)

 

Feel free to leave your comment below:

Connect with us


Summary

© Copyright 2015